Bernzomatic Premium Torch Kit – TS8000KC
Whether you’re a DIY’er or a contractor one of the tools that everyone should have is a quality torch. A torch can be used for soldering copper pipes, thawing a frozen lock, flaming the surface of a piece of wood, and endless other tasks. Bernzomatic has been around since it’s founder started making torches and plumbers tools in 1876! Today Bernzomatic products are being used by so many different users from homeowners and plumbers to bakers and jewelry makers. I recently got my hands on the Bernzomatic Premium Torch Kit TS8000KC and wanted to share my thoughts on this extremely useful product.
Bernzomatic Premium Torch Kit Features:
- Kit includes TS8000 torch and 14.1 oz. MAP-Pro cylinder
- Auto start/stop ignition easily ignites and extinguishes flame
- For best results, use with MAP-Pro fuel, such as the Bernzomatic 14.1 oz. MAP-Pro hand torch cylinder
- Ultra swirl flame provides maximum heat output for large diameter soldering, brazing, heat treating and light welding
- Cast aluminum body construction for durability
- Pressure regulated for consistent performance
- Adjustable flame control easily sizes flame for different applications
- Run-lock button keeps torch lit for continuous use
- Limited lifetime warranty
Ease of Use – Confidence and Safety
My first impression of the Bernzomatic Premium Torch Kit is how easy it is to use and how that translates into confidence and ultimately safety. Anyone that’s ever used an old style torch knows it’s a pain to light them and turn them off. With the TS8000 torch starting the flame is as simple as squeezing the trigger. When you want the flame to stop, releasing the trigger shuts it off. This makes for convenient starting and stopping which results in the gas lasting longer and less chances for the torch to create a safety problem.
In addition to be very safe, the controls allow the user to easily adjust the flame size and also lock the trigger on for continuous use. The trigger can be locked to prevent accidental ignition and additional safety.
The Bernzomatic TS8000 uses MAP-Pro fuel which burns hotter and transfer heat quicker than a traditional propane torch. This is extremely useful when soldering large diameter copper as it heats fittings much quicker than propane fuel. MAP-Pro Fuel burns in air to a temperature of 3,730 degrees F and the slim cylinder is easy to grip.
Black Friday / Holiday Pricing
This great torch is on sale right now at The Home Depot for just $39.97 as part of their Black Friday specials! Trust me when I say everyone should own a quality torch and this one is perfect for the purpose. Check out all the Black Friday Deals at The Home Depot HERE.