Black & Decker Platinum Lithium BDH2000L Vacuum Review
Written by Todd Fratzel.
Black & Decker BDH2000L Cordless Vacuum
As the cordless battery market continues to offer up stronger, more lightweight options the effects are touching not only power tools but tools we use around the house. Black & Decker just announced a new lineup of cordless handheld vacuums that take advantage of their 20V MAX battery lineup.
They recently sent us the BDH2000L Cordless Vacuum shown in the adjacent picture. Below are some features and specifications for the new product along with my thoughts on this new hand held vacuum.
Features and Specifications – Black & Decker BDH2000L
The sleek BDH2000L vacuum features a rotating slim nozzle with a built-in crevice tool and flip-up brush and is ideal for everyday cleanup of dust, pet hair and crumbs. The triple layer, cyclonic action filtration system helps keep dirt off the filter so users can blast through large messes with long-lasting suction power. With its stylish design and washable filter and bowl, users can confidently display this vacuum in their living or dining room, keeping cleaning power handy when and where they need it most. The unit empties in one, mess-free step and comes with a charging base, charge indicator light, and weighs less than three pounds.
Performance & Value
It’s literally been years since I’ve seen much new in the hand held vacuum category. Most previous models featured a basic vacuum with some sort of cheap rechargeable battery system and few is any additional features. That’s changed pretty considerably when you look over the B&D BDH2000L.
- The BDH2000L has really great suction and it’s able to not only pick up dust and light dirt but it can also pick up really bad messes of soil, food and debris.
- I really like the rotating nose feature. The photo above shows the nose rotated which comes in very handy when cleaning on our stairs and in narrow spots.
- The easy to use charging base is also a nice feature. You no longer have to plug a cord into the unit like older vacuums. Simply set the unit on it’s base and walk away.
- The unit is very lightweight (less than 3 lbs) which really makes overhead cleaning easier.
- Cleaning out the canister is also very easy. You just push a button open it up and dump it out.
Having a reliable handheld shop vac around the house is extremely useful. The new Black & Decker BDH2000L offers great power, long run time, several great features like the rotating head and the flip up front brushes. If you’re looking for a great house gift this Fall I’d recommend you get one of these. You can purchase them from the link below at Amazon.
- Black & Decker Platinum BDH2000L 20-Volt Max Lithium Ion Cordless Hand Vacuum – Priced at $89.99 and shipping is planned for later this Fall.
Leave a comment if you think your Facebook Friends would find this article useful. Thanks in advance!