Give The Gift of Doing – The Home Depot & Ryobi
Written by Todd Fratzel.
Last Minute Gift Ideas for the DIY’er In Your Family
We’re in the home stretch folks with less than two weeks until Christmas. It seems every year we wait until the last minute to get gifts for those really hard to shop for people. If one of those people on the list is a DIY’er, handyman or even a contractor why not give them a gift from The Home Depot.
They have all kinds of great tools including some exciting new Li-Ion batteries from Ryobi that power all of their tools including the old Ni-Cd powered tools. Or maybe you just want to give them a gift card. In that case you can buy them a regular gift card or better yet just send them a Gift-Ecard.
Gift Card Options
As I said previously The Home Depot offers several ways to give gift cards to someone for any occasion. You can buy gift cards in the store or online. You get to choose how that online gift card is sent including: BUY GIFT CARDS ONLINE HERE
- In the store you can purchase a special Holiday Tin to deliver the gift card in.
- You can get a Someecards eGift Card – The Home Depot has partnered with Someecards, the popular satirical e-card site, to deliver two exclusive eGift Card options for the shopper with a silly side.
- Facebook eGift Card Delivery – If customers choose to simply purchase eGift Cards online at homedepot.com/giftcard, they also have the option to post their eGift Card directly to their recipient’s Facebook Wall. During the eGift Card buying process, the gift giver simply chooses Facebook as the delivery method, logs into their Facebook account to select their friend and then continues with the eGift Card check out process.
- Mobile Options – Buy eGift Card & Check Balance – Customers have the opportunity to purchase eGift Cards from The Home Depot iPhone App or through The Home Depot’s mobile website. The Home Depot’s mobile options offer the ability to buy eGift Cards that lets customers gift while on the go.
- Plastic Gift Cards Sent in Hallmark Branded Greeting Cards – The Home Depot is offering Hallmark branded holiday greeting cards with homedepot.com Gift Card purchases this holiday season for $3.99. Customers can choose from more than a dozen holiday greeting card designs, some of which have been designed especially for The Home Depot.
Give A New Power Tool
One of the really exciting gifts from The Home Depot this year are the all new Ryobi +One cordless tools. How about buying dad or the handy person in your house a new tool. Ryobi offers dozens of great cordless tools to fit nearly any project. Combine that with their latest lithium-ion battery platform and you have a real winner.
I recently tested their 18V Cordless Impact Wrench. The impact wrench is great around the house for all kinds of projects including: changing the tires on your car, installing large lag bolts for a new deck and pretty much any project that requires a socket. Having tools like this around the house make those last minute home improvement disasters much easier to deal with.
The impact wrench also comes with an adapter that allows you to use it for all sorts of different drill bits. This turns it into a VERY functional tool that’s perfect for the DIY’er.
The best thing about the new lithium-ion batteries from Royobi is the fact that they can power the older Ryobi tools like the one shown above. This means you can upgrade all those old NiCd tools for the added run time of lithium-ion. If you know a loved one with some of the older Ryobi tools this would be a great way to upgrade their tools while saving lots of money.
Hurry on over to ToolBoxBuzz.com if you’d like a chance to win a Ryobi right angle cordless drill. You only have till tomorrow morning to enter for a chance to win! Enter HERE:
The Home Depot partnered with bloggers such as me to help promote their Lithium Ion power tool collection. As part of this promotion, I received compensation for my time. They did not tell me what to purchase or what to say about the products. The Home Depot believes that consumers and bloggers are free to form their own opinions and share them in their own words. The Home Depot’s policies align with WOMMA Ethics Code, FTC guidelines and social media engagement recommendations.
Leave a comment if you think your Facebook Friends would find this article useful. Thanks in advance!