John Deere Rolls Out New Models For 2011
Written by Todd Fratzel.
New 2011 John Deere Residential Mowers
Yesterday I had the pleasure of learning all about some new John Deere Mowers for the 2011 line-up. I’ve been a John Deere owner for years and a huge fan so anytime new Deere’s hit the street I’m always excited! This year includes some exciting new models for Zero-Turn mowers along with new 100 Series line-up of tractors.
The new line-up includes two new offerings with the Z645 and Z655. They will provide homeowners with the fastest ground speed in the homeowner market, the highest horsepower available in a residential zero-turn mower, and an exclusive, high-capacity mowing deck. The Z600s will also offer a 4-year/500-hour, bumper-to-bumper warranty.
“Our EZtrak mowers have consistently provided superior cut quality, and now with the new Z600s, customers can mow more in even less time with our exclusive high-capacity deck, and top speeds of 9 MPH,” says Kim Ridel, John Deere tactical marketing manager.
Key Features for the Z645 & Z655
- Commercial-grade construction and durability, for use in residential mowing applications
- 27-hp John Deere 5 Step Cyclonic engine, which has been specially designed for the unique challenges of zero-turn mowing
- Both the 48″ and 54″ High-capacity decks are stamped from 9-gauge steel for maximum durability, and provide double-captured gauge wheels, a reinforcement bar, and commercial-grade spindles for a long cutting life
- 4-year/500-hour bumper-to-bumper warranty
New 100 Series Lawn Tractor
The 100 Series lawn tractors from John Deere have been extremely popular with home owners around the Country especially those shopping at the big box stores. Home owners looking for an affordably priced mower backed by the John Deere name flock to this series.
Now those who choose the 100 Series will find better fuel efficiency, reduced emissions and sound levels, and enhanced operator comfort and visibility.
“The 100 Series tractors have always been great machines, but now owners will have greater fuel economy, feel more comfortable when operating the machine, and enjoy increased visibility from the seat,” said Greg Weekes, John Deere group product marketing manager.
Key Features for the 100 Series
- Engines exclusively designed for John Deere that operate with greater fuel economy and reduced sound levels
- New fuel tanks to reduce emissions
- Redesigned hood and operator’s area to improve visibility and operating comfort
- The Edge™ Cutting System. This 3-in-1 mowing deck lets the operator choose between mulching, bagging and side-discharging, and a more precise mowing height can be controlled within a ¼-inch using the height of cut adjustment
New 100 Series Tractors
- D100 – 17.5-hp engine, 5-speed transmission and versatile CargO Mount™ System
- D110 – 19.5-hp engine, automatic transmission, 2-pedal forward/reverse, increased travel speeds
- D120 – Increased horsepower (21-hp), convenient cruise control, high back seat
- D130 – V-twin engine with increased horsepower (22-hp), double bar bumper, high back seat, fender flares
- D140 – Wider, 48-inch mower deck with 3 blades, electric mower blade engagement (PTO)
- D150 – V-twin, ELS, 24-hp engine, deluxe steering wheel, front bumper
- D160 – V-twin, ELS, 24-hp engine, Comfort Package features lumbar adjustable seat and deluxe steering wheel, double bar bumper
- D170 – V-twin, ELS, 24-hp engine, Widest, 54-inch mower deck, Comfort Package features lumbar adjustable seat and deluxe steering wheel, double bar bumper
Leave a comment if you think your Facebook Friends would find this article useful. Thanks in advance!