Paslode® CS150 CapStapler
Paslode recently introduced the all new CapStapler Housewrap Stapling System. The CapStapler was designed to save Contractors time and money when installing housewrap, plastic sheathing and roof underlayment products. The CapStapler is a pneumatic 18 gauge crown stapler with a patented button cap system that protects from tearing and water damage.
The CapStapler features a large capacity reel, which holds 240 FasCaps, and an open design that allows for quick reloading of staples (capacity 90). The large capacity reel is a nice feature compared to using similar stapling systems that need to be re-loaded often.
Building wraps and roof underlayment products have significantly changed the building industry today. However, trying to install them on new buildings without the wind and weather tearing them away has been quite a challenge. Needless to say any tool that can make that task easier is one that will save time and money.
- Staple Lengths – 3/4″ to 1-1/2″
- Staple Size – 18 Gauge 3/8″ crown.
- In-line magazine – Increased balance and control.
- Lightweight – Easy on the arm at only 4.8 lbs.
- Switchable trigger – Easy transition to bump from sequential drive.
- Adjustable depth of drive.
- Quick clear nose.
- Directional exhaust cap.
- Adjustable belt hook.
- Versatile – Switch from staple to caps in a snap.
We recently tested the CapStapler on a re-roofing project that required Grace roof underlayment. It’s the dead of winter here so the conditions are cold and windy. The following are our thoughts on performance:
- Loading the caps and staples is really easy (see adjacent factory photo).
- The tool is light weight and easy to handle even on the roof. Our crew loved using it for the roof underlayment.
- The caps hold the underlayment and house wrap tightly to the building and don’t tear out even under windy conditions.
- The gun is well balanced and the in-line cap reel makes the gun easier to handle especially working on a roof.
- The large capacity reel is great. Keeping staples in your pouch isn’t a big deal, but climbing up and down ladders to retrieve caps is a total pain so the large reel is nice.
- The gun worked great even in very cold weather (18 ° F)
We’ve tested a bunch of Paslode tools this year and we’ve been very happy with their performance and variety of solutions for fastening systems. The CapStapler is just one more of their great new tools. If you’re in the market for a cap stapler then we highly recommend this one.
Where To Buy
The new Paslode CS150 is available from authorized Paslode retail outlets nationwide. To learn more about the product or to find a dealer, users can visit www.paslode.com or call 1-800-222-6990.