Paslode CF-325 Cordless Framing Nailer Review
Written by Todd Fratzel.
Paslode cordless nail guns have been a productive tool for our crews for several years. I’m excited to report our review findings on the latest innovative cordless tool from Paslode, the new CF-325 Cordless Framing Nailer.
The Paslode CF-325 30-degree cordless framing nailer has been redesigned to meet the needs of framers. Paslode has re-designed the cordless framer in response to feedback from real professionals out in the field.
Paslode CF-325 Features
The new Paslode CF-325 features some significant improvements and features compared to the older versions of the nail gun. The new cordless framing nailer features several significant changes including:
- All new QuickLode™ Fuel System which as been completely re-designed to make installation much easier and reliable.
- The QuickLode™ Fuel System delivers 1,200 nail drives and a shelf life of 18 months.
- The CF-325 has been re-designed to fire quicker that it’s predecessor which ultimately means better production.
- The combustion chamber has been re-designed with stainless steel O-Rings which increases the time between cleanings, again increasing productivity.
Paslode CF-325 Review
I’ve used Paslode cordless nailers for several years both during construction and as a manager of construction crews. We typically use the Paslode cordless framing nailer in two situations; framing walk-outs prior to setting up temporary power on a job site and when we set trusses to eliminate dangerous hoses for workers to trip over. It’s important to realize we do not use these nail guns as a replacement for our pneumatic guns but as a supplement and additional tool in our arsenal.
One of the issues that we’ve had with the older versions of Paslode nailers was the slow response (nailing) time. In addition we also would have problems getting the fuel cell to properly seat itself and work properly. So when Paslode asked us to review the new gun I was eager to see if these previous issues had been resolved with the new CF-325.
I’m happy to say that the new Paslode CF-325 performed beyond my expectations. The new CF-325 really impressed us in several ways:
- The new CF-325 definitely shoots nails much faster than the previous versions. In fact I was able to shoot nail after nail as fast as I could into LVL engineered lumber with no problems at all.
- The CF-325 is much easier to “activate” with respect to the safety nosepiece. The new nosepiece requires much less force in order to engage the safety mechanism prior to shooting a nail. This reduced force requirement means much less stress on the framer.
- The new QuickLode™ Fuel System is a huge improvement. Now all you do is drop the fuel into the gun, close the door and you’re ready to fire.
- New and improved rafter hook is now wide enough so you can actually hang the gun on a rafter or truss.
- The nosepiece has also been re-designed with two additional teeth to make toe-nailing much easier.
- The Paslode CF-325 consistently drove nail after nail flush into two pieces of LVL engineered lumber. For me this is a true test of power and a huge productivity issue because of the amount of engineered lumber being used in new construction today.
- Tool-less depth of penetration adjustment.
- The Paslode CF-325 Cordless Framing Nailer is optimized to drive Paslode RounDrive 30o paper tape full head nails from 2” to 3.25” in length and from .113”, .120” and .131” in diameter in smooth, ring shank, brite and hot-dipped galvanized finishes.
- Paslode has started a unique packaging concept that sells the nails and fuel cells in a single combo package. This ensures that you always have sufficient fuel for the nailer based on the number of nails that are used.
Paslode has been making great cordless nailers for quite some time. I was very impressed with the upgrades that this new gun offers compared to previous versions. The new Paslode CF-325 delivers all the features that any framing crew would need in a cordless nail gun. The improved speed and handling really make this a worthwhile upgrade. If you’re in the market for a cordless framing nailer then I highly recommend the Paslode CF-325 because of the great features and trusted brand.
Where To Buy Paslode CF-325
The Paslode CF-325 is scheduled to hit stores nationally this spring. The CF-325 can be purchased for around $539 from Amazon (Paslode 902200 Cf325 FRAMING NAILER CORDLESS) and it comes with a carrying case, rechargeable battery and charger, one canister of degreaser, a tube of cordless oil and safety glasses. To learn more about the CF-325 or to find a dealer, check out www.paslode-cordless.com or call 1-800-222-6990.
Leave a comment if you think your Facebook Friends would find this article useful. Thanks in advance!