Guest Post By Ran from Wood and Beyond.
As a small business or as an individual whether you are refurbishing or whether you are moving in, one of your main goals (other than getting great looking decor) is reducing your overhead costs to a minimum. When buying furniture on a budget, you should still aim high and get the highest quality furniture, so budget does not mean getting a cheap product. In fact, as you will read further on, it could not be further from the truth as budget simply means buying smartly!
5 Tips for Buying Furniture On a Budget
1. Buy at the end of the month – Often you’ll find that furniture stores will be more willing to negotiate a discount towards the end of the month. Because they have targets to meet for that month, they will be willing to work harder to win your business resulting in substantial discounts to secure your order.
2. Buy it all at once – Costco’s business model for example has always been based upon achieving high sales volumes and rapid inventory turnover by offering bulk merchandise. When it comes to buying furniture, if you had in mind furnishing room by room you will find that by buying in bulk all at once the initial investment might seem high, however in the long run the savings are considerable.
3. Always compare prices – Excellent for comparing cheap car insurance, but also for a variety of product searches such as home furniture. Shopping comparison sites let you see lists of prices for specific products together with their estimated delivery costs and offer great refined search options to find the best offer and a particular brand.
4. Get some of your money back – Cash back offer sites are a type of reward website that pay shoppers a percentage of money earned, hence cash back when they purchase goods and services. Normally the cash back is credited to your account within 30 to 60 days and the cash back amount will vary between merchants so be sure to shop around.
5. Get your furniture for less – Discount code sites are a type of directory for promotion codes which merchants are offering and they are free to use. Use a discount code for the online store through one of the many discount code websites around to save between 5% to 10% on your purchase when buying online. Unlike the cash back sites which require tracking technology from the merchant, discount code sites offer instant gratification and are easier on the cash flow.
What are your tips for buying furniture on a budget?
– – –
Guest post by Ran, marketing manager of Wood and Beyond importers and specialist suppliers of high quality wood products.