Suggested Air Tools For The DIY’er
People often ask me to suggest tool gifts for the loved ones in their lives. So, today I’d like to focus on air tool gift suggestions. Air tools are very affordable these days and make a great addition to any workshop.
There are air tool gifts in every price range and lots of different tools to choose from for even the hardest person to shop for.
Portable Air Compressors
Obviously you can’t use air tools without an air compressor. There are some really great deals available for air compressors. The best way to buy an air compressor if you’re a weekend warrior is to purchase a combo kit. I happen to like the combo kits from Porter-Cable and Bostitch.
- The Porter-Cable C2002-WK Oil-Free UMC Pancake Compressor with 13-Piece Accessory Kit is a great price at $159 (pictured above).
- The Porter-Cable CFNBNS Three Nailer and Compressor Combo Kit is another great value at $280. You get a finish nailer, brad nailer, stapler and a 40′ hose!
- I own the Bostitch CPACK3 Finish Nailer, Brad Nailer, Finish Stapler, and Compressor Combo Kit and it’s been a fantastic compressor. Bostitch makes great nail guns that hold up really well. This kit costs just $279!
Nail – Staple Guns
Having good quality air nail guns is important. The idea is to buy a good quality air tool so it will last for years to come. I really like the nail guns that Bostitch, Duo-Fast and Paslode make.
- This framing gun, Bostitch F21PL Round Head 1-1/2-Inch to 3-1/2-Inch Framing Nailer, is a serious workhorse for anyone that wants to do framing. This nail gun features positive placement tip and a magnesium housing. It’s a great value at just over $190!
- Another great framing gun is the Duo-Fast DF350S Strip Nailer. I recently wrote the Duo-Fast DF350S Strip Nailer Review if you’re interested in learning more about this great framing gun!
- If you’d like to buy a great cordless framing gun then I suggest the Paslode CF-325 Cordless Framer. I’ve also tested this nail gun and written the Paslode CF-325 Cordless Nail Gun Review. This is a GREAT nail gun!
- The Bostitch N62FNK-2 15 Gauge 1-Inch to 2-1/2-Inch Angled Finish Nailer is a really great finish nail gun. I recommend this air nailer for exterior trim and heavy duty finish work around the house like baseboard and crown molding. Again you can pick up this air tool for under $200.
- If you like to do intricate finish work then the Bostitch HP118K 23 Gauge 1/2-Inch to 1-3/16-Inch Pin Nailer is a great air tool. Pin nailer are great for holding pieces together while glue dries. This little pin nailer is also great for putting together fine detail moldings and trim work. You can buy this tool for $125.
- Having the Bostitch SX150K-1 1/2-Inch to 1-1/2-Inch 18 Gauge Narrow Crown Stapler around the workshop will come in very handy. I like to use the stapler for putting together cabinet boxes and other concealed connections that require lots of holding strength.
Air Tool Accessories
Once you buy yourself an air compressor there are lots of other uses besides using nail guns. One of the biggest things I use my compressor for is filling items with air. That’s why you should buy the Campbell Hausfeld MP5200 25-Piece Accessory Kit with Case. It has all kinds of fittings for filling tires and using compressed air to clean off dusty tools.
Other Tool Gift Suggestions
Please check out my other tool gift suggestion posts: