NEW HOLLAND, PA. – What would you do with an extra floor of living space in your home? Go ahead and dream a little. How would you use “found space” in your next home by having a basement made from pre-cast insulated foundation systems?
Warm and dry, Xi™ wall panels from Superior Walls® are constructed with a concrete face shell, backed by 2-1/2-inches of DOW® Styrofoam™ insulation. Steel reinforced concrete walls create a permanent barrier against sidewall water penetration, making the basement system damp-proof.
Having trouble imagining how to use your extra “found space” in the home? The experts at Superior Walls can help. Here’s their own “Top 10 List of Dream Ways to Use a Basement” to add more valuable living space in the home:
- Home theatre with surround sound, popcorn machine and theatre seating.
- Separate play room area for children and their friends.
- Adult relaxation zone — including pool table, wet bar, air hockey and comfy seating areas.
- Sewing and craft room with walls of shelves for storing supplies and abundant overhead lighting.
- Wine cellar and tasting area, complete with a bar area and sound system.
- Woodworker shop area for serious woodworkers.
- Home office for business … with lots of windows for natural sunlight and sliding glass doors leading onto a pool level for much-needed breaks.
- Study room area with designated computer terminals for each child, abundant bookshelves and a small self-serve kitchen area.
- Home spa with gym equipment, massage chairs and an extra bathroom.
- De-clutter zone for laundry and storage
“There’s nothing like the feeling of having extra living space in your home,” says Jim Costello, president of Superior Walls. “Whether you designate the space as a ‘children zone’ to remove clutter and noise from the rest of the house or use the space as a ‘hobby room,’ livable basements enhance our lives and homes.
“Having basement space that’s comfortable and functional makes so much sense for homeowners. By making the right decisions at the time of construction to use pre-cast insulated foundation systems, homeowners are making a long-term investment in their family’s happiness and in the resale value of their house.”
Installed in just a day on the job site, a Superior Walls foundation is custom made to the specifications of an individual home, including built-in openings for windows and doors. Pre-engineered access for wiring or small plumbing elements, along with smart stud facing for easy drywall installation, are included and help speed up the installation process.
“Thousands of homeowners with Superior Wall foundations systems have converted their basements into functional areas of the home,” says Costello. “Along with providing more living space for day-to-day needs, they’re saving on overall energy bills for the home using this terrific basement system.”
For more information visit www.superiorwalls.com.