Last week I introduced the holiday home improvement gift ideas. In these posts I’m hoping to give you some great gift suggestions for the handyman or woman in your life. Trust me, there is no shortage of great home improvement gifts you can buy for someone this holiday season.
There are several basic woodworking books that really provide guidance and instruction for newbies to the woodworking arena.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. No workshop can have too many clamps! Clamps allow a single person to work as if we had many sets of hands. There are clamps for every kind of project so I’ll show you a few of my favorites.
- IRWIN SET150 6-Piece Clamp Set just under $60.
- Bessey H5115 Bessey® Tradesman Clamp Kit for around $300.
Having a good level is a real necessity for any woodworking project. I recommend you have a small bubble level, a 4 ft long level, a 6 ft long level and ideally a 8 or 10 ft level.
- Stabila 25100 10-Inch Die-Cast Rare Earth Magnetic Level great small level for $28.
- Stabila 37448 – 48-Inch builders level, High Strength Frame, Accuracy Certified Professional Level just under $90.
- Stabila 37472 – 72-Inch builders level, High Strength Frame, Accuracy Certified Professional Level is just under $155.
- Stabila 78196 Complete 6 level set with case, (Includes; 37478, 37459, 37432, 37424, 37416, 25200, 30025) this is the ultimate level kit for just over $400.
Squares are absolutely necessary if you want to build anything that fits together and looks professional. There are lots of different types of squares but you really only need 2 or 3 of them in my opinion.
- Swanson Tool SO107 12-Inch Speed Square is under $25 and one of the most important and used tools I own.
- Stanley 45-011 Contractor Grade Aluminum Rafter Square is a great framing square and it’s under $15.
- Empire Level 410-48 1/8-Inch Thick, 47-7/8-Inch Yellow Drywall T-Square is under $15 and they work great for drywall and plywood layout.
If you didn’t find a home improvement tool gift idea in this post be sure to check back weekly until the holidays as I help you find great home improvement gift ideas.