CHANNELLOCK Website – New & Improved
CHANNELLOCK has been in business for almost 125 years and they are known for some of the best pliers that I’ve ever used. CHANNELLOCK recently introduced a new website featuring some great interactive videos and information to showcase all their products including pliers, wrenches, screwdrivers and an assortment of specialty tools.
The new Channellock.com was created in the same Americana voice as its current marketing campaign: Fiercely Made in Meadville, PA. The fresh design provides a more complete user experience that now enables visitors to purchase tools, learn about the company and interact with CHANNELLOCK® representatives like never before.
“We wanted to provide a more valuable interactive experience for both new and loyal Channellock customers,” said Ryan DeArment, vice president of sales and marketing at Channellock. “The new site celebrates our tool heritage, people and commitment to quality.”
CHANNELLOCK 6.5” 412 V-Jaw Plier
The folks from CHANNELLOCK were also kind enough to send us their new 6.5” 412 V-Jaw Plier to test out and also giveaway to one of our lucky readers! I’ve been using CHANNELLOCK pliers since I was a kid in my father and grandfather’s workshops. I’ve always said that once you own a pair of these they will be the last ones you ever buy and that’s still true today.
The new 6.5” 412 V-Jaw tongue and groove plier from Channellock, Inc., is the latest from the company known worldwide for manufacturing quality pliers. This new tool offers professionals and DIYers the same quality design and right-angle, maximum-bite grip as the other CHANNELLOCK® V-Jaw pliers – only in a more compact frame, making it easier to work with smaller piping and tubing.
“Product innovation and quality manufacturing are our top priorities,” notes Ryan DeArment, vice president of sales and marketing at Channellock, Inc. “The development of the 6.5” V-Jaw plier was a direct response to feedback from trade professionals who said that a smaller plier would be helpful when working with smaller materials.”
Manufactured in Meadville, Pa., the 6.5” V-Jaw plier offers the same high quality and performance as the rest of the line but is designed to allow access to smaller spaces and provide a better fit for smaller pipes. Perfect for plumbers, HVAC contractors, electricians and DIYers, the 6.5” V-Jaw plier enables more points of contact on smaller round stock and tubing, and the right-angle teeth grip in all directions for maximum bite and minimum wear.
Further enhancing its performance is the undercut tongue-and-groove design of the 6.5” V-Jaw plier, which assures no slip jaw action. Additionally, its reinforced edge minimizes stress breakage, and the PermaLock® fastener eliminates nut and bolt failures. True of all CHANNELLOCK® pliers, the 6.5” V-Jaw plier is made from high-carbon C1080 steel for superior quality and performance, contains an electronic coating for rust prevention and includes the signature CHANNELLOCK BLUE® comfort grips.
What can I say? The new 6.5″ V-Jaw Plier is a really great “small” plier that’s able to get maximum grip in tight places. Traditionally pliers of this type have pretty long handles which is great when you need to get a grip on something large but often times those longer handles are hard to get into tight spots.
For me these are great in quite a few ways.
- Much easier to fit these shorter 6.5″ long pliers in your tool pouch.
- Much easier to fit into tight spaces like electrical boxes, under sinks, in cabinets, etc.
- Great set of pliers to keep in that famous “junk drawer” that we all have in our kitchens for miscellaneous jobs.
- Ultimately this list means the tools is great for plumbers, electricians, repairmen and even home improvement and DIY’ers.
Win A FREE Channellock 6.5″ V-Jaw Plier
One lucky winner is going to win the new 6.5″ V-Jaw Plier. If you’d like a chance to win this great Channellock Plier then be sure to follow the directions carefully.
There are several ways to enter this giveaway. Please note that you only need to leave ONE comment for each method listed below. If that method gives multiple entries we will tally all your entries on our end. No need for 50 comments!
- 1 Entry: Leave a comment telling us what home improvement project you’ll use the 6.5″ V-Jaw Plier for? Please be sure to leave your email address.
- 10 Entries: Subscribe To This Site – Follow this link: Subscribe to Home Construction Improvement by Email This is a great way to keep informed about other giveaways and all the great content here on Home Construction Improvement. (We can only track email subscriptions, not plain RSS subscriptions)
- 50 Entries: Blog About The Giveaway – Help spread the word about Home Construction Improvement and this great giveaway. Write a short post about Home Construction Improvement and this specific giveaway with a link (please use a nofollow link) back to this post. Be sure to leave a link to the post in the comments.
All entries must be received by 11:59 PM (Eastern) 24 July 2010. The winner will be announced on July 25th! So enter to win the CHANNELLOCK 6.5″ V-Jaw Plier giveaway contest today!
Only residents of the U.S. and Canada are eligible. Spam entries will be thrown out. (Spam entries are determined at the sole discretion of Front Steps Media, LLC. All rules are subject to change without notice.