Delta Faucet Introduces Lavatories featuring New TOUCH2Oxt™ Technology
Delta Faucet TOUCH2Oxt™ Technology
At this years International Builders’ Show we spent some time talking to the folks from Delta Faucets about their latest offerings. The thing that caught our eye the most was the expansion of Touch2O® Technology to the bathroom. We’ve written several articles on the Delta Touch2O® kitchen faucets including a Review of the Delta Pilar ToucH2O Faucet. Needless to say bringing this technology to the bathroom was an obvious next step and one we’re excited to see.
If you’d like to learn more about this new offering please continue reading the press release from Delta.
Touch-activated and hands-free residential lavatory faucets offer ultimate functionality.
INDIANAPOLIS – When Delta Faucet introduced Touch2O® Technology in 2008, it revolutionized the kitchen faucet experience. Born of ethnographic research and human behavior studies, Touch2O Technology satisfied an unmet and unarticulated need to enhance the way users turn on the faucet with messy hands and turn off the faucet with clean or occupied hands.
“Almost immediately after we launched Touch2O Technology for the kitchen, we heard from consumers that they wanted a similar solution for the bathroom,” said Scott Collevechio, Delta brand product manager. “Our designers and engineers ultimately landed on two options that help homeowners use water more intuitively with less mess and hassle.”
New Delta® brand lavatory faucets will be available with Touch2O Technology, similar to the technology made popular on the brand’s kitchen faucets, or Touch2Oxt™ Technology, which includes extra technology for an entirely hands-free experience.
Touch2Oxt Technology, the newest addition to Delta Faucet’s collection of Smart Solutions, was adapted from two existing Delta brand technologies; Touch2O Technology in the kitchen and Proximity™ Sensing Technology in commercial bathroom applications. The blend of the two unique technologies enables the user to turn the water on by simply approaching the faucet’s sensing field or tapping the faucet anywhere on the spout or handle.
Touch2O Technology and Touch2Oxt™ Technology are being introduced on lavatory faucets from Delta Faucet’s popular Addison® and Lahara® bath collections.
About Touch2Oxt™ Technology
Entire faucet acts as a sensor
- Touch2Oxt™ Technology features a 4” sensing field around the entire faucet
- Faucet automatically responds when user approaches sensing field – no infrared sensor
- Water turns off within two seconds after a hand leaves the sensing field and one minute after the faucet is tapped.
Numerous operation options
- The technology enables the user to use the faucet in three different ways. The user can utilize the hands-free mode where the entire faucet acts as a sensor, utilize the Touch2O® tap functionality – tap anywhere on the spout or handle to turn the faucet on, or the faucet can be operated manually with the handle.
LED mode indicator
- Blue LED flashes to indicate that the faucet is in hands-free mode and remains constant to indicate the touch feature is activated. The LED turns red to alert the user when batteries need to be replaced.
Water-efficient and clean
- Moving hands out of range simply shuts off the water flow when not needed between tasks, saving water.
- When hands are messy, you can start the flow of water without touching the faucet, helping keep you and your bathroom clean.
Other Faucet Features
- As Delta strives to achieve and increase water-efficiency across its product lines it takes its role as a WaterSense® partner very seriously. Delta Faucet Company is committed to working with the EPA to encourage efficient use of water resources and actively protect the future of our nation’s water supply. Delta lavatories that meet WaterSense specifications use 32% less† water and perform as well or better than their less efficient counterparts.
DIAMOND™ Seal Technology
- Delta Faucet’s patented DIAMOND Seal Technology is a breakthrough faucet innovation comprised of a diamond-coated valve and one-piece InnoFlex® waterways. The DIAMOND valve has been tested to last up to 10 times longer than the industry standard and ensures “like new” operation for life.
- The InnoFlex waterways eliminate potential leak points and are less hassle to install. All the parts needed for installation are in the box. InnoFlex waterways connect directly onto hot and cold water shut off valves, so there are no additional supply lines or connections to purchase.
Variety of finish options
- Lavatory faucets featuring Touch2Oxt are available in chrome, Brilliance® Stainless and Venetian Bronze® finishes. The Addison collection also offers an additional finish of Champagne Bronze™, which warms up the bath with the feel of a soft brushed gold.
Leave a comment