Plate Joiner Review
The DeWalt Plate (Biscuit) Joiner is one of the specialty power tools that I own and highly recommend. Plate (biscuit) joiners are used to create really strong joints between two boards. You can use the joiner to splice together multiple boards in the same fashion you’d dowel them together.
Some of the Features Include:
- 6.5 Amp, 10,000 rpm motor provides power for working in the hardest woods
- Dual rack and pinion fence ensures blade and fence are always parallel for accurate joints every time
- Integral one-piece fence is adjustable and tilts 0-90°
- Flush cuts can be made at 0° without removing fence
- 45° locating notch in fence allows indexing off the outside surface of a mitered joint
- Non-marring, heavy-duty aluminum shoe allows joiner to be clamped for stationary work
- Retractable, anti-slip pins help hold work in place
- Preset depth stops for all common biscuit sizes
- This power tools is very well built and extremely durable
- The plate joiner has more than enough power, in fact it has so much torque that you need to be very careful you have a tight grip on it when you start the motor
- This plate joiner makes very consistent, repetitive slots for accurate results
- It comes with a great storage case
If you’re in the market for a plate joiner then I highly recommend the DEWALT DW682K Heavy-Duty 6.5 Amp Plate Joiner which is available at Amazon for $189.00. You may also want to buy some Porter-Cable 5554 1000 Assorted Biscuits.
I’ve owned the DeWALT plate joiner (Biscuit Joiner) for about 5 years. This biscuit joiner is really easy to use and the quality is very good. As usual DeWALT tools are built to last. Probably the best feature of this tool is the power. This joiner has so much power that you better hold on tight when you squeeze the trigger or the tool is going for a ride. I’ve used several plate joiners and I think this one is by far the best value and a great choice.