Recently the guys on my carpentry crew purchased a new “mini” cordless drill combo to use for finish work. Using a standard 18-volt cordless drill like the DeWalt 18-Volt Drill that I use can be very difficult in tight spaces because of the large battery pack and overall size of the drill. This is especially true when you’re installing kitchen cabinets and you’re trying to screw the rails together between boxes.
Small But Powerful Cordless Drill
These two cordless drills may appear small in size but the fact is they are really powerfu. Powered by stick type lithium-ion 10.8 volt battery packs these drills are powerful enough to drive wood screws into hard maple cabinetry, oak cabinets and even truss lock screws into paralam beams!
Where To Buy, Pricing & Features
I end up buying most of my tools from Amazon due to their low prices, Free shipping (most of the time) and huge selection of tools. You can buy the Makita LCT203W 10.8-Volt 2-Tool Compact Lithium-Ion Cordless Combo Kit for $153.30 with Free shipping! The Makita LCT203W 10.8-Volt 2-Tool Compact Lithium-Ion Cordless Combo Kit features:
- TD090DW is a 10.8-volt cordless impact driver compact and lightweight for easy handling, but featuring high operation efficiency
- DF030DW is a 10.8-volt cordless driver drill compact and lightweight for easy handling, but featuring 2-speed gear selection with variable speed in each range for a wide range of applications
- L.E.D.light for illuminated operation
- Variable speed control by trigger
- Use new 10.8-volt lithium ion battery of stick type as a power unit