Harvey Tribute Windows
The Harvey Tribute Windows with the High Performance Package is an upgraded window line from Harvey that offers customers a superior energy saving window package. These windows features:
- Triple glazing incorporates three panes of glass sealed with the Warm-Edge Intercept glass spacer system by PPG for added performance and durability. Two panes of glass utilize Low-E coating, and both airspaces contain Krypton gas for superior energy efficiency.
- Closed cell polyethylene foam parts (foam-filled chambers) increase the insulating value of your window frame and sashes.
- Guardian’s ClimaGuard SPFTM UV protection – eliminates over 99% of damaging UV rays, providing a fade protection factor (FPF) of greater than 50.
- U factor of 0.20
- R value of 5.0
- Solar Heat Gain Coefficient (SHGC) of 0.19
- Visible Transmittance (VT) of 0.32
- Contoured sash and glazing bead provide a sleek, sophisticated design that emulates the traditional lines of a well-crafted wood window
Harvey Tribute Window Review
I’ve seen and used lots of window products in the houses we build. I happen to have the regular Harvey Vicon windows in my house and I love them. However, the Harvey Tribute Windows are in another category altogether. These windows have blown me away over the last couple of months since we installed them. Here’s what has impressed me so far:
Having triple glazing makes an amazing difference in window performance in this part of the Country. Because we’re building this house in the dead of the winter it’s the perfect time to test out these windows. Typically during construction in the winter we’ll see tons of condensation on the inside of the windows. This is because the house is packed full of moisture from drywall, temporary heating, paint, soldering, you name it. Well in this house we haven’t seen one bit of condensation on the windows and it’s been -15 F some days at the house. This is an amazing testament in my mind about how well the triple glazing insulates the glass from the frigid outside temperatures.
Again the frigid temperatures we’ve been experiencing this winter are a perfect environment to test these windows. I’ve been very impressed with the total lack of any draft around these windows. Even good double pane windows have just a hint of air infiltration occasionally, but these windows seem to be sealed up very well.
Sash and Glazing Bead Detail
The new contoured sash and glazing bead detail that was added to these windows is a really great aesthetic upgrade for folks worried about every day vinyl window appearance. When you walk into the room with the new Harvey Tribute Window you certainly don’t know you’re looking at a vinyl window for sure. These windows definitely look more like traditional wood sash windows.
To say I’m impressed is an understatement. I was rather skeptical about the Harvey Tribute Windows at first just based on the price point and the fact that I’ve never seen one of these windows. But the “proofs always in the pudding” and I’m happy to say that my skepticism was unwarranted and I’m more than impressed with these windows. I really wish I had these in my house for the great energy performance and the upgraded appearance. There’s no doubt in my mind that the added cost of these windows will surely pay off with the energy savings within a few years. I’d highly recommend these windows to anyone serious about saving energy and finding a great looking low maintenance window.