Now that I realize that my acre plus of lawn needs so much lime and fertilizer I’ve been looking for larger capacity spreaders that I can tow behind my John Deere mower. My darling wife first said “NO WAY” to my idea of spending $219 on a tow behind spreader. Now that she’s thought about it a couple of days she realizes that if I purchase this type of spreader my job will be one in a quarter of the time and I’ll have more time to help her with the kids. How’s that for a good reason to buy some new yard equipment?
So here’s the stats on John Deere 3.5 cf tow behind broadcast spreader:
– 175 lb box capacity with a volume capacity of 3.5 cubic ft
– All stainless steel interior hardware, shaft and agitator to prevent corrosion
– High speed, 6:1 reduction glass-filled nylon gears provide the widest spread pattern at the slowest speeds
– Fully enclosed gearbox eliminates down-time and maintenance
– Autoflow feature stops the flow of materials automatically to prevent burns
– Directional spread-pattern control feature provides positive shut off along sidewalks and driveways