Makita 12Vmax 3 Piece Combo Kit Review
12Vmax Li-Ion 3 Pc. Cordless Combo Kit (Model LCT307W)
Makita recently introduced several new additions to their 12Vmax Cordless Tool Line-up. They were kind enough to send along the Model LCT307W 12Vmax Li-Ion 3-Pc. Cordless Combo Kit for us to review.
Everyone knows that 12 volt cordless systems continue to be the hot topic in the cordless arena. Each manufacturer seems to have a plethora of available 12 volt tools and options to choose from. Makita is no exception as they now offer 3 combo kits, drill drivers, impact driver, circular saw, flashlight and even a vacuum!
LCT307W Combo Kit Tools and Features
The LCT307W Combo Kit comes with three tools listed below along with 2 battery packs. It also comes with a charger and an impressive James Bond style case. The case is pretty nice and certainly helps these tools stand out from my huge pile of cases!
- 12V max Lithium-Ion Cordless 1/4″ Hex Driver-Drill – FD01W
- Makita-built motor delivers 200 in.lbs. of Max Torque in an ultra compact size
- Variable 2-speed design (0-350 & 0-1,300 RPM) covers a wide range of drilling and driving applications
- Ultra compact design at only 6-3/16″ long and weighs only 2.0 lbs. for reduced operator fatigue
- Convenient 1/4″ hex chuck for quick bit changes
- 12V max Lithium-Ion Cordless Impact Driver – DT01W
- Makita-built motor delivers 800 in.lbs. of Max Torque in an ultra compact size
- Variable speed (0-2,400 RPM & 0-3,000 IPM) for a wide range of fastening applications
- Ultra compact design at only 6-1/8″ long and weighs only 2.0 lbs. for reduced operator fatigue
- Built-in L.E.D. light illuminates the work area
- 12V max Lithium-Ion Cordless L.E.D. Flashlight – LM01W
- Ultra compact L.E.D. Flashlight runs up to 9 hours per charge
- Compact design at only 4-3/4″ long and weighs only 0.55 lbs. with battery
- Built-in belt clip for added convenience
- Soft grip handle provides increased comfort
Driver-Drill Performance & Impression
The Makita 12Vmax Driver Drill offers a really nice compact feel with plenty of power for lots of drilling and driving applications. I really like using 12 volt cordless drill drivers for lots of “finish” tasks. As you can see above the driver-drill worked great removing screws from hinges. The adjustable torque setting on the front nose is easy to use and makes it really easy to adjust the torque so you don’t strip screw heads.
Weighing in at just 2 lbs this little guy was a real pleasure to work with. The grip is comfortable and the balance is nice. The tool has some nice soft rubber pads on the sides to help protect nicks and damage to work surfaces.
If I had one things that I’d point out that could use some improvement it would be: better LED light system so the light surrounds the bit.
Impact Driver Performance & Impression
The 12 volt lines all really shine when you start using the impact drivers. The Makita 12Vmax is no exception as it produces some impressive driving power using the impact technology. It’s amazing to me what we all did before these impact drivers came along!
I won’t do cabinet installation anymore without a small impact driver. This Impact Driver had no problem driving screws into the hard birch cabinets shown above. I find that by using an impact driver it reduces splitting, definitely reduces stripped screw heads and speeds up the installation process considerably.
Frankly the only thing I’d change on this impact driver is the LED light that I mentioned above. I’d like to see a light that does a better job illuminating all around the fastener.
The LED Flashlight is a nice addition to this combo kit. It provides some really bright white light that’s great for task lighting. I definitely like having a combo kit that has a flashlight in it so that you always have a light available for the task at hand.
Overall Impression of the LCT307W Combo Kit
Makita continues to produce great quality tools that Contractors and DIY’ers demand. The LCT307W combo kit is the perfect kit for users that work on finish carpentry jobs like cabinet installation and DIY’ers that want strong reliable compact drivers. This combo kit is priced under $200 which makes it a great value when you consider that some of the individual 12v drill drivers on the market go for well over $100 each. If you don’t own a 12 volt system yet then this is one you should add to your list to consider.
Where To Buy
The Makita LCT307W Combo Kit is available at Makita retail locations and online vendors. You can buy it from Amazon for $178.99.
The rugged James Bond Style Case that these tools go into would be perfect for me. As a single woman, these are the tools I need. Thanks for the review.
I myself have never used Makita but have heard great things about their tools.