Milwaukee 538321 3/4″ SDS Rotary Hammer Drill Review
Milwaukee SDS Hammer Drill
SDS hammer drills are more powerful and efficient compared to regular hammer drills. This is due to the design of the chuck system which allows the hammer blows to hit the drill bit directly thus tranfering energy more effeciently.
I just purchased the Milwaukee Elec. Tool 538321 3/4″ SDS Rotary Hammer Drill for my crew at work. We are drilling holes in a very hard concrete slab and it’s nearly impossible to do with a standard hammer drill. This SDS version does an amazing job and it’s really fast!
The Milwaukee Elec. Tool 538321 3/4″ SDS Rotary Hammer Drill features:
- 3/4 in. solid bit capacity, 1-3/4 in. core bit capacity
- Variable speed: 0-1270 rpm, 0-5400 bpm, reversing
- Powerful 6.0 amp motor provides power for a hard-hitting 1.7 ft.-lbs. of energy per blow
- Two modes of operation: rotation with hammering and rotation only – this versatile tool can be used for drilling in steel, wood or concrete. Use rotation-only for drilling in steel and wood with optional chuck and adapter. Use rotation with hammering when drilling in concrete.
- Speed control switch allows operator controlled starts for less bit walk resulting in more accurate hole positioning
- Lightweight, compact 13 in. length and well balanced design including an ergonomically shaped cushioned grip
Best Price: Milwaukee Elec. Tool 538321 3/4″ SDS Rotary Hammer Drill for $195.31.
SDS Hammer Drill Bits
It’s important to note that SDS type hammer drills require special drill bits. Be sure you purchase hammer drill bits that specifically say for use in SDS hammer drills. I recommend you buy:
Leave a comment