So you’ve decided to buy a fence, but you’re probably nervous that some unseen problem will arise to ruin your plans. But don’t worry! This article will explain 5 common mistakes to avoid.
- Make sure that the underground utilities are clearly marked. If you do not mark your utility lines, the fence installers could potentially sever or damage them. This damage can be expensive and time consuming to fix, so it’s worth taking the time to mark them clearly.
- Make sure to know the boundary lines of property. Make sure that your fence isn’t built on your neighbor’s property by defining your property lines before installation begins. Having to remove sections of fencing because they extend off your property is expensive, time consuming, and can severely alter the original fence design.
- Investigate local zoning regulations. Every county has different zoning regulations that dictate what you can and cannot build on your property. If you break zoning regulations, you’ll be fined and have to remove the fencing that is in violation. Needless to say, this can be an expensive and aggravating experience that can be easily avoided by obtaining the necessary information ahead of time.
- Pool fence gates open outward. It’s the law!
- Make sure you have the right ground clearance. If your fence is too high off the ground then your dog or child can easily escape. Also, too much clearance allows unwanted pests to enter your property. However, if your fence is too low to the ground, then maintenance and grass cutting are difficult. Therefore, many buyers design their fence to be two inches above the ground.
Fencequotes.com is the place to find the best deal on Fence Installation, Deck Installation and Railing Installation. How does it work? Fill out a simple form and receive price quotes from up to four different suppliers. Save time and money. Our service is 100% FREE. For more options and information, here are some great resources regarding fencing and its various materials:
PVC Fence Installation
Vinyl Fence Installation
Aluminum Fence Installation
Chain Link Fence Installation