Porter-Cable 15 Amp Heavy-Duty Circular Saw (PC15TCSMK)
Porter-Cable just introduced their new PC15TCSMK, 15-amp heavy-duty circular saw. The PC15TCSMK is a lightweight (9.5 lbs) circular saw with all new ergonomic features to reduce stress and strain on professionals that rely on these type of tools to do their jobs.
The folks at Porter-Cable sent us this new saw to give it a test and share our thoughts with all of you. The following are some basic specifications along with our review of the PC15TCSMK.
Circular Saw Features
- 15 AMP, 5600 RPM motor delivers power and torque through the toughest applications
- 9.5 LB. Lightweight saw improves fatigue and user handling
- 55 degree bevel capacity with stops at 22.5 and 45 degrees provide quick and accurate bevel adjustments
- Cast Magnesium shoe provides an accurate and lightweight construction
- 10 foot high grade cord reaches past a 4 x 8 sheet of material and reacts well in all weather climates
- Sturdy kitbox provides a reliable solution for storing the saw, blade, wrench and rip fence
- Cast depth and bevel levers provide a larger grabbing surface made of durable material
- Outside mounted depth of cut lever is easy to reach even with gloves
- Optimized balance and handle positions provide extreme comfort and weight distribution
- Large line of sight allows the user to see the blade and cut line easily
- Integrated dust blower; blows dust away from the cut line while cutting
- Soft grip main handle and angled auxiliary handle provide a comfortable and natural holding position
- 24T carbide tooth thin kerf framing blade allows accelerated cutting and longer blade life with integrated cooling vents
- Spindle lock allows easy and quick blade changes
- Lower guard lip design prevents the saw from hanging up during compound angle cuts
- Slim cast aluminum upper guard increases user vision to work piece and blade
- Easy to read depth and angle of cut scales provide precision and repeatability
Porter-Cable PC15TCSMK Circular Saw Review
There seems to be two commonly held theories about circular saws. Some folks prefer a heavy saw while others are always wishing for a lighter version. Many of the guys on my crew will tell you that heavier is better and I agree with them when cutting certain dense, heavy materials. However, for day in and day out cutting I prefer a lighter saw.
The first thing you notice about the PC15TCSMK is it’s weight. Weighing in at only 9.5 lbs this powerful saw is a fraction of the weight of some worm drive saws that come in at almost 15 lbs! Even though this saw is a lightweight it feels very well balanced and comfortable to operate.
- The integrated dust blower is a great feature. There’s nothing more annoying and difficult that trying to cut down a line with a circular saw and not being able to see from all the sawdust. The dust blower works very well and adds some serious bonus points to this saw.
- The angled auxiliary handle is also a nice feature that improves the users comfort. Comfort is not also important for fatigue but it also plays a big part in safety so we thought it was a nice touch.
- The 10 ft long chord is a definitely must have on circular saws!
The Porter-Cable PC15TCSMK offers a very lightweight, powerful circular saw option at a fantastic price. The new saw will be distributed with a MSRP of $99.99 which makes it a great value! This saw comes packed with power in a very lightweight frame. While this saw may not be a workhorse for cutting engineered beams all day it is perfectly set-up for cutting sheet goods and framing lumber. The lighter weight is sure to help reduce worker fatigue which ultimately improves productivity and reduces injuries. We think this saw makes a great compliment for any professional crew and even seasoned DIY’ers.