RYOBI Garage Door Opener Module System
The folks at RYOBI continue to design products for the DIY’er and Home Owner that make sense both from a cost and productivity prospective. This week they have introduced something quite different, but certainly spot on when thinking about their core user group. The new RYOBI Garage Door Opener Module System is taking a garage door opener to an entirely new level of usefulness by incorporating several add-on functions useful to any garage.
The new RYOBI Garage Door Opener Module is an expandable system that includes the following:
- Ryobi Ultra-Quiet Garage Door Opener – The ultra-powerful 2 HP motor will quietly open and close large doors with ease due to the 2HPs for faster openings. With motion controlled overhead LED light has a selectable duration control so you are never left in the dark. Rest assured even in power outages, this unit is compatible with the RYOBI ONE+ system, and is battery backup ready with over 100 openings using a RYOBI ONE+ P108 4Ah Battery (sold separately). For added control, the Ryobi opener is compatible with HomeLink and is Wi-Fi connectable. – $238
- Optional Add-On Components include:
- Bluetooth Speaker Module – Allows connectivity up to 30 ft along with microphone for hands-free calls while you work in the garage – $54
- Laser Park Assist Module – Dual lasers perfect for double garages, helps prevent damage to your car when parking – $44
- Fan Module – Dual pivot points allow you to aim this fan in any direction. Easily controls with phone app – $54
- Carbon Monoxide Alarm Module – Monitor carbon monoxide, temperature and humidity from your phone and be alerted of issues with an 85 db alarm – $58
- Retractable Cord Reel Module – 30 ft long retractable cord with 3 outlets – $64
This new product line will be launching this month exclusively at The Home Depot. I really love the outward thinking that RYOBI has put into this idea. The use of Bluetooth technology along with an expandable platform is a great idea. If this system is as easy to install as they are claiming it will be a big hit. Stay tuned for additional information once we get a chance to see it hands on.