Lightweight Comfortable Work Boots….REALLY!
So I’ve been a long time user and fan of the New England based Timberland boots. I’ve owned a dozen or more of their boots of the years because they made incredibly durable boots at an affordable price. However, work boots have never been all that comfortable…..until now! Building on the success from the PRO® Endurance and TiTAN® Collection, they sent me a pair of boots from the PRO® Helix collection to test out.
New Timberland PRO® Helix footwear includes the following features to help workers focus on their job and not their feet:
- Timberland PROexclusive Anti-Fatigue Technology features molded, inverted cones that support, collapse and return in key pressure zones, providing higher energy return and resulting in all day standing comfort and support
- Flexible, soft durable leathers
- Mesh lining with Agion® microbial treatment for odor control
- Active heel lock secures the heel for optimal fit
- TiTAN® alloy or composite safety toe provides lightweight protection and roomy fit
- Some styles feature a waterproof membrane to keep feet dry
- Slip-resistant outsole boasts aggressive lugs that maximize contact for enhanced traction
All Timberland PRO® Helix styles are available in sizes 7-12, 13, 14, 15 M/W and are equipped with the Timberland PRO® PowerFit™ comfort system for ergonomic fit and maximum support. Timberland PRO offers comfort and customer satisfaction with a 30-Day Comfort Guarantee. The Timberland PRO® Helix series is available now at www.timberlandpro.com and in Timberland PRO retail locations nationwide with an MSRP of $130 – $165. New styles for fall 2011 include the Timberland PRO® Helix 6” Soft Toe (87529) and 6” Composite Toe (87517), which will both be available August 12, 2011.
Rather than try and explain all this crazy boot science I figure it’s easier to watch a short video that Timberland PRO sent us explaining how this new technology all works.
And The Verdict Is…..
I’ve worn lots of work boots over my career so far and I can say without a doubt these are the most comfortable work boots I’ve ever worn. I’ve been wearing their Helix 6-Inch Safety Toe Boots for over a month on a job site that includes some nasty winter conditions. When I get home after a long day my feet feel like I’ve been wearing sneakers or other similar athletic shoes.
What impresses me almost as much as the comfort is the fact that I can’t tell they are safety toe shoes. In the past safety toe shoes were instantly identifiable because of stiffness and poor comfort. Well that’s all a sensation of the past as these boots don’t give off even the slightest hint of what’s under the leather!
This review was easy! If you wear work boots for a living then I highly suggest you give the PRO® Helix collection a try! Your feet will be VERY happy with you!!